SEEKING FINANCE COMMITTEE MEMBER:
This role may interest community members looking to stay at the committee level or a chance to participate in Literacy Lambton prior to Board-level commitment.
• Review financial statements and ensure viability of Literacy Lambton programs
• Ensure responsible stewardship of donated funds and Ministry grants
• Review annual budget and recommend for Board approval
• Develop, review, and revise financial system policies/procedures
• Provide expertise to advise on Human Resource best practices
• Finance Committee meets mid-day over lunch hour or after work each quarter; plus ad hoc meetings as necessary
• Volunteer on-boarding process required
• Must provide clear police check
• Serving up to a maximum of three x two year terms
About Literacy Lambton
Headquartered in the Lochiel Kiwanis Community Centre in the heart of Sarnia’s downtown district, Literacy Lambton’s mission is to create and deliver exceptional literacy learning opportunities for the residents of Lambton County.
We help adults 19+ improve their reading, writing, math, basic computer skills and digital knowledge through one-to-one, in-person, or synchronous virtual learning; and offer FREE in-person family literacy outreach programs. Our service is amplified by passionate volunteers, from our governance Board to our frontline program. Check us out at www.literacylambton.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn @literacylambton. Literacy Lambton—formerly Organization for Literacy in Lambton—has been powering people’s potential since 1989.
Registered charitable #: 135262012 RR0001