Train Your Brain is offered as a FREE registered evening program for kids currently enrolled in grades 3 & 4. Children are engaged in math & reading games/activities with the goal of improving their foundational numeracy and literacy skills and confidence as a learner.
Offered at up to six sites around Lambton County. Program is eight (8) weeks offered Tu or Wed or Th nights (site dependent) from 6-7:30pm (90-minute program)
- Volunteers up the fun quotient of the program engaging with kids and assisting the Learning Coach as directed to ensure smooth program delivery
- Tasks could include venue set-up/clean-up, check-in/screenings, sanitizing, playing games with kids, promoting a welcoming, encouraging, inclusive environment
- Site volunteers are expected to commit fully to a one site eight (8) week program. They may also volunteer for an additional site offered on a different evening
- Night one all program volunteers are required to attend a meet & greet/orientation starting at 5pm and a team debrief until 8pm
- Remaining weeks the time commitment is 5:45pm-7:45pm.
- Must provide own transportation
- First Aid certification an asset
- Volunteer on-boarding process required and a clear police check
INTERESTED? www.literacylambton.org/volunteer to complete online application
About Literacy Lambton
Headquartered in the Lochiel Kiwanis Community Centre in the heart of Sarnia’s downtown district, Literacy Lambton’s mission is to create and deliver exceptional literacy learning opportunities for the residents of Lambton County.
We help adults 19+ improve their reading, writing, math, basic computer skills and digital knowledge through one-to-one, in-person, or synchronous virtual learning; and offer FREE in-person family literacy outreach programs. Our service is amplified by passionate volunteers, from our governance Board to our frontline program. Literacy Lambton—formerly Organization for Literacy in Lambton—has been powering people’s potential since 1989. Registered charitable #: 135262012 RR0001