BE a part of something BIG and here’s why…
THE CANADIAN CANCER SOCIETY
BE a part of a collective of people united by a singular focus where no Canadian
fears cancer. BE bold by committing your time to driving positive change alongside
families, friends, healthcare teams, donors, scientists, advocates and all those who
strive to make the cancer journey one that is supported in every way.
We believe that life is bigger than cancer. We believe your support is stronger than
cancer. If you do too, read more…
Relay For Life Site Lead
WHY WE NEED YOU
At CCS we are committed to improving the cancer experience by helping people
with cancer live their lives more fully. The Canadian Cancer Society Relay For Life
brings together communities united by the same goal of creating a world where no
Canadian fears cancer. Relay is an opportunity to celebrate those who live and have
lived in the face of cancer.
Funds raised through Relay For Life will contribute to groundbreaking research,
support programs and services that help people with cancer and enhanced
advocacy efforts to governments on important cancer related issues.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
As the Site Lead, you will be responsible for:
• Supporting all Committee Leads in any event initiatives that require logistics
support (securing Relay venue, tent station locations, set up and tear down,
• Implementing Event Minimum Standards and Safety/Emergency measures
• Securing materials and overseeing the site design, set up and tear down
• Planning and providing for the physical needs of activities and entertainment on
• Coordinating the timing and location of any necessary deliveries and pick-ups
for Relay event
• Working with other Leads to determine the site schedule for the day
• Organizing the site and responding to requests from other committee members
• Submitting applications and permits
• For in-person events, design a track experience that will motivate participants
to keep walking on event day
• Security of venue and participants
• Inventory of all event materials such as signs, materials, masks etc.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You understand that cancer can change everything and that bringing community
together in support of people who have been affected by cancer helps us prove that
life is bigger than cancer.
You have the interpersonal skills to respond to a variety of requests from others on
the committee and members of the public who are supporting Relay as suppliers,
in-kind donors and volunteers. You are organized and detail oriented but also
appreciate and support the passion each of the committee leads has for their
You are ready to do your best to make the event a safe, smooth and positive
experience for everyone.
As an organization we will provide you with online resources, training and support
to help you lead the logistics side of this community event.
You will also be supported by the Relay Director, Logistics, a fellow volunteer, who
will oversee all aspects around implementing the actual event day.
You will be part of the larger Relay community and have opportunity to learn and
mentor as you engage with CCS staff and volunteers.
• This is an important leadership role. We are anticipating an ongoing level of
commitment which will include regular monthly meetings with the entire
• Between the committee meetings, you will be arranging the details with
suppliers and identified sponsors.
• You are agreeing to initiate and respond with regular, consistent
communication between the volunteers you are working with, the Relay
Director, Logistics and other members of the team.
• As the event date approaches your time commitment will increase and on
event day your leadership, as you ensure the event is safe and fun, will be
critical in creating the sense of accomplishment that everyone will go home
with, knowing that their actions have created something bigger than cancer.
Relay for Life Sarnia event day will be held Saturday June 11, 2022
To apply for this role please find the role and apply HERE