This role may interest community members looking to stay at the committee level or provide you with a chance to participate in Literacy Lambton prior to Board-level commitment.
- Generate and help plan fundraising/event ideas
- Champion the love of literacy amplifying our social media messaging
- Participate as an enthusiastic ambassador at Sarnia-Lambton community events
- Promotion Committee will meet starting Fall 2022 (frequency will be monthly or quarterly for approximately two hours to discuss planning and coordination)
- Members are asked to attend a minimum of three events/year ie. Give-a-Book campaign, Family Literacy Day, community festival/event participation
- Volunteer on-boarding process required
- Must provide clear police check
INTERESTED? APPLY HERE > https://www.literacylambton.org/volunteer/
About Literacy Lambton
Headquartered in the Lochiel Kiwanis Community Centre in the heart of Sarnia’s downtown district, Literacy Lambton’s mission is to create and deliver exceptional literacy learning opportunities for the residents of Lambton County.
We help adults 19+ improve their reading, writing, math, basic computer skills and digital knowledge through one-to-one, in-person, or synchronous virtual learning; and offer FREE in-person family literacy outreach programs. Our service is amplified by passionate volunteers, from our governance Board to our frontline program. Check us out at www.literacylambton.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn @literacylambton. Literacy Lambton—formerly Organization for Literacy in Lambton—has been powering people’s potential since 1989.
Registered charitable #: 135262012 RR0001